Tacos are eaten practically every week at home. I’m telling you that pizza was my favorite dish, while my husband is tacos. So, taco-style pizza = perfect mix for the family.
Super fast and delicious – This pizza-taco will satisfy your taste buds!
- 875 ml to 1,000 ml (3 1/2 to 4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 11 mL (2 1/4 teaspoons) Fleischmann’s® Pizza Yeast
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) sugar
- 8 mL (1 1/2 teaspoons) salt
- 335 ml (1 1/3 cup) of very hot water (120ºC-130ºF/50ºC-55ºC)*
- 85 mL (1/3 cup) Mazola RightBlend oil (canola/olive oil blend)
- Extra flour for rolling dough
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) salsa OR taco sauce OR salsa verde
- 250 ml (1 cup) prepared taco meat
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) chopped green onions
- 500 mL (2 cups) shredded Colby-Jack cheese, grated into strands
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) coriander leaves
- Remove the charcoal or preheat the gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add boiling water and oil. Mix well until smooth, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough. The dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead the dough on a floured surface. Add more flour if necessary, until it smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Cut dough into eight portions. Crush or roll out dough on a well-floured countertop to make 20-cm (8-inch) rounds. The circles do not have to be perfect.
- Gently lift each crust with your hands and place it on the grill. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes until the bottom is lightly browned and top appears firm. Using long tongs, remove crust from grill and place, toasted side up, on a platter or baking sheet.
- Spread 1 tbsp—salsa on the toasted side of each pizza crust. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp. Taco meat, 1 1/2 tsp. Green onions and 60 mL (1/4 cup) cheese. Repeat for each pizza crust.
- Gently slide each pizza onto the grill. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes until the crust’s underside is browned and the cheese has melted. Remove from grill. Sprinkle with cilantro and sour cream, if desired. Serve immediately.
Personalize this pizza by adding your favorite taco topping. Try with sliced olives, chopped avocado, fresh cilantro, or chopped jalapeño peppers.